Tuesday, May 10, 2011

t was checked and in the end only seven thousand died of it in the army.I did not

All alone at the war with no new girls
All alone at the war with no new girls. First we passed the regiment. The King was good but dull. One of the two men who had carried it looked in. I knew I did not love Catherine Barkley nor had any idea of loving her.No. Do you think I would do right to marry Miss Barkleyafter the war of courseAbsolutely. looking at my eyes all the time. He said there was so much dirt blown into the wound that there had not been much hemorrhage.I stopped in front of the Villa Rossa. Bacchus. the water blue like the sky. So were all on very special behavior.

It is very informative.Shes nice. Im something called a V. The war was changed too.Look. He slapped me on the shoulder.Saint Anthony asked the driver. I said. We read.Leave him alone.How do you do Miss Barkley said. Manera said. Outside it was getting dark.

so she loves Scotland better than England. The major was unhooking the forceps now. There are much worse wounded than me. He said it was true and by the corpse of Bacchus we would test whether it was true or not.Yes. I said. Youre a very good boy. Uninformed. The ground was torn up and in front of my head there was a splintered beam of wood. We are war brothers. Then I will take him with my first load. Some one took hold of me under the arms and somebody else lifted my legs. No.

had some coffee in the kitchen and went out to the garage. He was a tall man and wore steel rimmed spectacles. There were many strong smells. You see the point. You must have done something heroic either before or after. He has a rendezvous. I said. You know. Im not. I knew it.So long. There were mists over the river and clouds on the mountain and the trucks splashed mud on the road and the troops were muddy and wet in their capes their rifles were wet and under their capes the two leather cartridge-boxes on the front of the belts. I do sometimes.

Kiss me. I thought. the water clear.One of those shot by the carabinieri is from my town. put their stretchers down. Ive come back to Catherine in the night.Did they scare you.Youre sloppy. He stopped working and smiled. There are some people who never realize. the pillars with the marble busts. This had been the villa of a very wealthy German and the busts must have cost him plenty. Where did you go and what did you do Tell me everything at once.

green and dark to the snow line and then white and lovely in the sun. I would have married him or anything. I waked the orderly and he poured mineral water on the dressings. I said to the priest.As you wish. Yes. I said.It wasnt that way with the granatieri. baby. They poured me more wine and I told the story about the English private soldier who was placed under the shower bath. He talks French. And we have gotten away from the war. Wait till I get cleaned up.

Youre a nice boy. This captain baited him often.Dont get angry.Were you there. I would take you and never hurt you. . and come back like this.Those that went out were not lined up when they took the tenth men. English goddess. Lots of them would have liked him to be king. then came the chuh chuhchuh chuh then there was a flash. I kissed both her shut eyes.Can Gordini driveI dont think so.

the water blue like the sky. far below. Henry. Why dont you go to the hospitalThey wont let me. Do you have to take me to that regimentYes. You may come and see her after seven oclock if you wish. You would like the people and though it is cold it is clear and dry. Outside the window it was a lovely spring morning. said the lieutenant. Naples. that nothing should be lost. the thumb up and fingers outspread as when you make shadow pictures. I had been up the river to the bridgehead at Plava.

Everything seemed in good condition. Jt was warm and like the spring and I walked down the alleyway of trees. She was not in the garden and I had to wait in the office of the hospital until she came down. A mass loosened. I unwound the puttee and while I was doing it I saw there was no need to try and make a tourniquet because he was dead already.Wonderful. They were silent until I went out. Passini was dead. Could I join nowIm afraid not now. I had on wool stockings but Passini wore puttees. It was all right if she was. or else using a continuous lift and sucking into the mouth. How is your poor head I looked at your papers.

When there is really work they trust us. They lined them up afterward and took every tenth man. But dont be a fool. or else using a continuous lift and sucking into the mouth.This is the third day. one of the other captains said. A soldier came along after the last of the stragglers. go get a corkscrew. D. Did you have any beautiful adventuresYes.Ive come back to Catherine in the night. undid my tunic and tried to rip the tail of my shirt. he said.

Rinaldi picked up the candle. Manera said. spilled the thin gold chain together and put it all in my breast pocket. I knew I would not be killed. You must forgive me for talking so much. You know.I have to go.We walked on a way and were stopped under a tree. It was not a pleasant trip to the dressing room and I did not know until later that beds could be made with men in them. said the priest. We go whorehouse before it shuts. That was how it ought to be.Bring good opera disks.

Rinaldi saluted. green and dark to the snow line and then white and lovely in the sun. These V.There arent any four hundred twenties in the mountains.Thats nothing. FrancoI am all right. Your blood coagulates beautifully.Were not far from the top. with strange planes.The room I shared with the lieutenant Rinaldi looked out on the courtyard.Most of them dont.Now you see. I dont go there any more.

He loves Franz Joseph. I knew you was an American.I walked behind her out into the garden. Theres no work now. His helmet was off and his forehead was bleeding below the hair line.Priest not with girls. The attack would cross the river up above the narrow gorge and spread up the hillside. far below. then crossed the river. first fingers extended. She was not in the garden and I went to the side door of the villa where the ambulances drove up. All alone at the war with no new girls. In the town there were more guns.

There were three doctors that I knew. for your own good.Hell say I did it on purpose.They may crack. They take your sisters. you see.Listen.Goodnight.What is there to eatWe have a little pasta asciutta. and the whole thing going well on the Carso made the fall very different from the last fall when we had been in the country. It was one of those things that gave you a false feeling of soldiering. But it was checked and in the end only seven thousand died of it in the army.I did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment