Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I would like you to see Abruzzi and visit my family at Capracotta.

Do you always know what people thinkNot always
Do you always know what people thinkNot always. It is the captain. a noise like a railway engine starting and then an explosion that shook the earth again. The officers all came from such good families. I waked the orderly and he poured mineral water on the dressings. I said. and instead of going on I felt myself slide back. he said in Italian. she said. There were stretchers lifted and slid into the slings above. I knew you was an American. I had on wool stockings but Passini wore puttees. I took another mouthful and some cheese and a rinse of wine.

The vineyards were thin and bare-branched too and all the country wet and brown and dead with the autumn.I wanted to kiss her. I tried to move but I could not move. walking under the trees.Oh. I must make on Miss Barkley the impression of a man of sufficient wealth. I tried to make out whether they were members of the family or what; but they were all uniformly classical. was blonde and had a tawny skin and gray eyes. Dio te salve. they would.You have that pleasant air of a dog in heat.Carabinieri. I wondered who had done them and how much he got.

I saw the town with the hill and the old castle above it in a cup in the hills with the mountains beyond. selfinflicted wounds. the light came out and he went in.I will send Miss Barkley. I could see the river far down below. Close to the bank I saw deep pools. I saluted and went out.All right.Where have you beenAt the Villa Rossa. We caught them and passed them and turned off on a road that climbed up into the hills.Why didnt we see the post when we came down Passini asked.Youre dirty.Good Christ I said.

it was dark and the Austrian search lights were moving on the mountains behind us. We do not like the English.The driver came out of the door with the papers for the wounded in the car. I said. He was goodlooking.You drive. The priest looked up. they would.They dropped me once more before we reached the post. no. Goodby. the orderly looking after us.I have to go.

and the strange excitement of waking and not knowing who it was with you. Theres no place to drop it.You wouldnt want to go in the line all the time. We both went flat and with the flash and bump of the burst and the smell heard the singing off of the fragments and the rattle of falling brick.Quite well. he said. There were three others to locate. I went back to the drivers. said the driver in Italian looking at the hernia man. There were lighted candles on the table. I would go crazy. When people realize how bad it is they cannot do anything to stop it because they go crazy. I would go crazy.

The river was low and there were stretches of sand and pebbles with a narrow channel of water and sometimes the water spread like a sheen over the pebbly bed. I am positive you will get the silver. While I was looking at him he opened his eyes. Do you suffer much Have a drink. We were in the foothills on the near side of the river and as the road mounted there were the high mountains off to the north with snow still on the tops. lifting the spaghetti on the fork until the loose strands hung clear then lowering it into the mouth. I hope youll be comfy. Kiss me goodby. There are people who are afraid of their officers. I sat up straight and as I did so something inside my head moved like the weights on a dolls eyes and it hit me inside in back of my eyeballs. At the gate of the driveway that led up to the British villa. said Miss Ferguson. That is very clear.

I said.It was a ghastly show.It would be fine if you would take the cars. I was angry and yet certain.Dont go. I should drink cup for cup and glass for glass with Bassi. which was protected by a shoulder of the mountain. I tried to tell about the night and the difference between the night and the day and how the night was better unless the day was very clean and cold and I could not tell it; as I cannot tell it now. With a sabre cut. Manera said. I must go. schutzen stock.I will go and see.

Where have you beenAt the Villa Rossa. Perhaps it start again. The priest smiled and blushed and shook his head.Must attack. mama Mia. As far as I could make out the last mile or so of the new road where it started to level out would be able to be shelled steadily by the Austrians. Im learning it. Orderly. said Rinaldi. Everybody was in the dugouts. Suddenly to care very much and to sleep to wake with it sometimes morning and all that had been there gone and everything sharp and hard and clear and sometimes a dispute about the cost. I was a fool not to.You have beautiful hair.

the captain said. But I am telling it for our priest here. I liked to watch her move.Passinis dead. waxy looking. Always with the carabinieri. an officer directing the light and the crew scared. You mustnt take everything so literally.Some troops went out. not good by. I did not care what I was getting into. I saw that word pricked him and kept on. havent youBut I lost the truss.

There were three others to locate. But millions of fools like you dont know it.Goodnight.You want us to stay here or can we look aroundBetter stay here.You speak English he asked. Ill see the medical wallahs. He is the legitimate son of President Wilson. It was all right if she was. Here now we have beautiful girls. It was Miss Ferguson. I was after him. The road curved and we saw the three cars looking quite small.A rivederla.

Manera said. brought by Gordini who looked very white and sick.At the start of the winter came the permanent rain and with the rain came the cholera. said Passini and spat on the floor.He does really. waiting for Catherine Barkley to come down.No Yes. and the strange excitement of waking and not knowing who it was with you. I always thought he was French. havent youYes. I said. with strange planes. she said.

I watched them settle on the ceiling. Rinaldi took the note. there was the smell of marble floors and hospital. I think so. What inflicted the woundsThe medical captain. We do not like the English. I will write you cards to my family in Amalfi. We do get along.I have to go.I felt it.Were not far from the top. Manera said.There were small gray motor cars that passed going very fast usually there was an officer on the seat with the driver and more officers in the back seat.

He hoped the road would not jam.Didnt you carry anybody on your back Gordini says you carried several people on your back but the medical major at the first post declares it is impossible. You have a good time The others all grinned too.Dont get angry.Its a silly front. And we have gotten away from the war. Inside I saw the head nurse.So long. Now Ill probe for some of this if you like but its not necessary.All bersaglieriI think so. I saluted and went out. The vineyards were thin and bare-branched too and all the country wet and brown and dead with the autumn.We think.

They sent me the little stick. then we started. Didnt you see itNo. Signor Tenente. We went on and passed the regiment about a mile ahead. I was angry and yet certain. I knew I would not be killed. He could have had anything he wanted if I would have known. It was a one road show. and the strange excitement of waking and not knowing who it was with you.There were small gray motor cars that passed going very fast usually there was an officer on the seat with the driver and more officers in the back seat. We passed a long column of loaded mules.Yes.

There were many strong smells. I must do something about getting you out of here. It is a successful coup de main. Hang onto my neck. There isnt always an explanation for everything. The offensive was going to start again I heard.Id rather wait. nights in bed. good luck and Vive la France. folded it without rising from the bed and slid it in his breeches pocket. Gordini winced and smiled.You are ignorant.I would like you to see Abruzzi and visit my family at Capracotta.

No comments:

Post a Comment